- Theme Installation
- Plugins Installation
- Demo Content
- Header Image
- Navigation Menu
- Homepage Featured Images
- Posts Featured Images
- Related Posts
- Shop The Post
- WooCommerce Settings
- Social Media
- Content Archive
- Font & Color Customization
- Contact Form 7 (for contact form).
- Easy Google Fonts.
- Genesis eNews Extended (for subscribe forms).
- Kirki Toolkit (important for font and color customization).
- Minimal Social Icons.
- Post Shortcodes.
- Multiple Featured Images.
- One Click Demo Import.
- Regenerate Thumbnails.
- WordPress Popular Posts.
- Instagram Feed.
Header Font: Raleway
Genesis Framework Installation
The Genesis Framework must be installed before installing the theme.
Install Genesis Framework from Appearance > Themes > Add New.
Click Upload Theme, click Choose File, select the genesis zip file to upload and install.
It is not necessary to Activate the Genesis Framework.
From Appearance > Themes > Add New.
Upload cntrl.zip, install and activate.
To enable and adjust the featured images sizes, reset settings in Genesis > Theme Settings > Reset Settings.
Click “Begin installing plugins.” in the notice to install the necessary plugins.
List of all Plugins
Demo contents are the widgets and posts displayed in the theme preview. The widgets will be automatically placed in the widget areas and configured like in the preview.
– You will have to edit certain widgets and pages like Genesis eNews Extended and Contact Form 7 to add your own email and settings.
– Install and activate your theme and the recommended plugins before importing the demo widgets. If a plugin is not installed and activated, any widgets related to that plugin will not import.
Import Demo Content
– Choose XML to upload demo posts and pages (for blogs without content):
And upload the file titled “cntrl-content”.
– Choose WIE or JSON to upload demo widgets:
And upload the file titled “cntrl-widgets”.
Recommended header image size: 1000 x 1000 px.
If you use an image with different dimensions, you may need to crop the image in the upload process.
Add your header image in Appearance > Customize > Header Image > Add New Image.
Upload the image and crop or skip crop if available. Save & Publish.
you can adjust the area size if the image is too small or too large.
In Appearance > Menus, click to add a new menu:
Add a name and click “Create Menu”.
After selecting the pages and adding them to the menu bar, check “Main Menu” box at the bottom and save.
Create another menu (for the footer) and save it as the footer menu:
Homepage Featured Images
Posts Featured Images
Enable the widget in Customize > Related Posts:
Choose how many images to show from the drop down menu (between 2 and 5).
Note: If the images aren’t squares, regenerate thumbnails.
Add a text widget to the sidebar and paste the shortcode below:
[instagram-feed num=4 cols=2 showbutton=false showheader=false imageres=full]
Add a text widget to Instagram Footer and paste the shortcode below:
[instagram-feed num=12 cols=6 showbutton=false showheader=false imageres=full]
Shop The Post
Currently there are two popular websites where you can generate “shop this” widget:
Both of these websites will allow you to monetize the traffic you get, but Reward Style will require you apply before you’re accepted to create an account with them.
To add the widget to the post on the homepage, edit the post and paste the code in After Entry Area:
If you have WooCommerce plugin activated, you can follow these steps to have your shop look similar to the demo:
– In Customize > WooCommerce > Product Catalog, set products per row to 2.
– In Customize > WooCommerce > Product Images, the images are cropped to 500px and 3:4 ratio:
– Make sure you have the plugin Genesis Connect for WooCommerce installed and activated.
Edit the social media widgets and add your links:
You can change the number of columns or the number of posts to show on the category pages in Customize > Theme Settings > Content Archives:
You also have the option of changing the size of the images to fit your needs.
Font & Color Customization
If not already installed, install Easy Google Fonts plugin and navigate to Tools > Import > WordPress.
Import cntrl-fonts file and you’ll be able to change the fonts in Customize > Typography.
Change the colors in Customize > Colors.