Genesis Framework Installation
The Genesis Framework must be installed before installing the theme.
Install Genesis Framework from Appearance > Themes > Add New.
Click Upload Theme, click Choose File, select the genesis zip file to upload and install.
It is not necessary to Activate the Genesis Framework.
From Appearance > Themes > Add New.
Upload cntrl zip file, install and activate.
Click “Begin installing plugins.” in the notice to install the necessary plugins.
- Popup Subscribe (included).
- Easy Google Fonts.
- Genesis eNews Extended.
- Contact Form 7.
- Regenerate Thumbnails.
- WordPress Popular Posts.
- Smash Balloon Instagram Feed.
- Genesis Connect for WooCommerce.
Demo contents are the widgets and posts displayed in the theme preview. The widgets will be automatically placed in the widget areas and configured like in the preview.
– You will have to edit certain widgets and pages like Genesis eNews Extended, Contact Form 7 and others to add your own email and settings.
– Install and activate your theme and the recommended plugins before importing the demo widgets. If a plugin is not installed and activated, any widgets related to that plugin will not import.
Import Demo widgets, customize settings and font controls
Click the button in Appearance > Import Demo Data:
If you’d like to add posts to your blog, import demo-content.xml file to Tools > Import > Run WordPress Importer.
Add your header image in Appearance > Customize > Header Image > Add New Image.
Upload the image and crop or skip crop if available. Save & Publish. You can adjust the area size if the image is too small or too large.
In Appearance > Menus, click to add a new menu:
Add a name and click “Create Menu”. After selecting the pages and adding them to the menu bar, check “Main Menu” box at the bottom and save.
Create another menu (for the footer) and save it as the footer menu:
Slider and other features are disabled by default. Enable the slider in Customize > Slider:
You can upload images directly to the slider or select a category, or add individual IDs.
Homepage Featured Images
Upload the main featured image for each post here:
You can upload two more featured images at the bottom of the post editor in the “extra details” section:
You can also choose the size of the images in Image Layout:
By default it will show images in portrait.
Posts Featured Images
Enable featured image cover for posts and pages in Customize > Posts/Pages Featured Image.
Enable the widget in Customize > Related Posts:
Choose how many images to show from the drop down menu (between 2 and 5).
Note: If the images aren’t squares, regenerate thumbnails.
Add a text widget to the sidebar and paste the shortcode below:
[instagram-feed num=4 cols=2 showbutton=false showheader=false imageres=full]
Add a text widget to Instagram Footer and paste the shortcode below:
[instagram-feed num=12 cols=6 showbutton=false showheader=false imageres=full]
Connect your Instagram account in Instagram Feed Settings:
And disable the responsive layout as well as remove “Padding around Images” in Instagram Feed > Customize:
Add Pinterest Feed widget to Appearance > Widgets > Primary Sidebar. Add your username and board name:
Add your username as it appears in the address bar:
Edit the YouTube widget to add your channel ID and how many videos to show in total.
Enable the about widget in Customize > About Widget:
- 1 – Add a title.
- 2 – Add a subtitle.
- 3 – Add short text.
- 4 – Add a button title.
- 5 – Select a page for the button.
- 6 – Upload image.
- 7 – Choose the placement of the widget between header and footer.
- 8 – Select one of the two available styles:
- 9 – Adjust the size of the content and image if you selected “style 1”.
Shop The Post
Currently there are two popular websites where you can generate “shop this” widget:
– www.rewardstyle.com. Both of these websites will allow you to monetize the traffic you get, but Reward Style will require you apply before you’re accepted to create an account with them. To add the widget to the post on the homepage, edit the post and paste the code in After Entry Area:
Edit the social media widgets and add your links and keep the ones you don’t need empty:
Sign up (Genesis eNews Extended):
In your account (more instructions in the official help):
- 1 – Navigate to the Audience tab.
- 2 – Click the Manage Audience drop-down and choose Signup forms.
- 3 – Select Embedded forms.
- 4 – Choose the “Unstyle” option.
- 5 – Copy the highlighted code similar to the screenshot below inside action=””, (do not include the apostrophes):
- 6 – Paste the code in the form action field:
- 7 – The rest of the fields should have EMAIL, FNAME and LNAME in capital letters.
If you have WooCommerce plugin activated, you can follow these steps to have your shop look similar to the demo: – In Customize > WooCommerce > Product Catalog, set products per
row to 2.
– In Customize > WooCommerce > Product Images, the images are cropped to 500px and 3:4 ratio:
– Make sure you have the plugin Genesis Connect for WooCommerce installed and activated.
You can change the number of columns or the number of posts to show on the category pages in Customize > Theme Settings > Content Archives:
You also have the option of changing the size of the images to fit your needs.
Font & Color Customization
If not already installed, install Easy Google Fonts plugin and navigate to Tools > Import > WordPress.
Import cntrl-fonts file and you’ll be able to change the fonts in Customize > Typography.
Change the colors in Customize > Colors, you can also choose one of the premade colors.
You can view Post Popup Subscribe Plugin’s instructions here.