- Theme Installation
- Plugins Installation
- Demo Content
- Header Image
- Navigation Menu
- Featured Posts
- Featured Boxes
- Latest Posts
- Posts Featured Images
- Related Posts
- Shop The Post
- WooCommerce Settings
- Font & Color Customization
- Popup Subscribe
- Elegant Shop
- Contact Form 7 (for contact form).
- Easy Google Fonts.
- Genesis eNews Extended (for subscribe forms).
- Kirki Toolkit (important for color and slider customization).
- Minimal Social Icons.
- Popup Subscribe.
- Elegant Shop.
- One Click Demo Import.
- Regenerate Thumbnails.
- WordPress Popular Posts.
- Instagram Feed.
- Multiple Featured Images.
Header Font: Homemade Apple
Genesis Framework Installation
The Genesis Framework must be installed before installing the theme.
Install Genesis Framework from Appearance > Themes > Add New.
Click Upload Theme, click Choose File, select the genesis zip file to upload and install.
It is not necessary to Activate the Genesis Framework.
From Appearance > Themes > Add New.
Upload memento zip file, install and activate.
List of all Plugins
Demo contents are the widgets and posts displayed in the theme preview. The widgets will be automatically placed in the widget areas and configured like in the preview.
– You will have to edit certain widgets and pages like Genesis eNews Extended and Contact Form 7 to add your own email and settings.
– Install and activate your theme and the recommended plugins before importing the demo widgets. If a plugin is not installed and activated, any widgets related to that plugin will not import.
Import Demo Content
– Choose XML to upload demo posts and pages (for blogs without content):
And upload the file titled “demo-content”.
– Choose WIE or JSON to upload demo widgets:
And upload the file titled “demo-widgets”.
Recommended header image size: 1000 x 1000 px.
If you use an image with different dimensions, you you can skip cropping to proceed with uploading.
Add your header image in Appearance > Customize > Header Image > Add New Image.
Upload the image and crop or skip crop if available. Save & Publish.
You can also adjust the size of the image.
In Appearance > Menus, click to add a new menu:
Add a name and click “Create Menu”.
After selecting the pages and adding them to the menu bar, check “Main Menu” box at the bottom and save.
– Create another menu (for the footer) and save it as the Footer Menu:
– And the last menu is the categories displayed in the shop page, create a new menu and check the last location option Shop Categories.
Slider and other features are disabled by default. Enabled the slider in Customize > Slider:
You can upload images directly to the slider or select a category, or add individual IDs. You can also customize the way the slider will look on the homepage.
Posts Featured Images
Enable the widget in Customize > Related Posts:
Choose how many images to show from the drop down menu (between 2 and 5).
Note: If the images aren’t squares, regenerate thumbnails.
Add a text widget to the sidebar and paste the shortcode below:
[instagram-feed num=4 cols=2 showbutton=false showheader=false imageres=full]
Add a text widget to Instagram/Pinterest Footer and paste the shortcode below:
[instagram-feed num=12 cols=6 showbutton=false showheader=false imageres=full]
Shop The Post
Currently there are two popular websites where you can generate “shop this” widget:
Both of these websites will allow you to monetize the traffic you get, but Reward Style will require you apply before you’re accepted to create an account with them.
To add the widget to the post on the homepage, edit the post and paste the code in After Entry Area:
Edit the YouTube widget to add your channel ID and how many videos to show in total. Find your channel ID here.
If you have WooCommerce plugin activated, you can follow these steps to have your shop look similar to the demo:
– In Customize > WooCommerce > Product Catalog, set products per row to 2.
– In Customize > WooCommerce > Product Images, the images are cropped to 500px and 3:4 ratio:
– Make sure you have the plugin Genesis Connect for WooCommerce installed and activated.
Edit the social media widgets and add your links:
Footer About Me:
Font & Color Customization
If not already installed, install Easy Google Fonts plugin and navigate to Tools > Import > WordPress.
Import memento-fonts file and you’ll be able to change the fonts in Customize > Typography.
You can view Post Popup Subscribe Plugin’s instructions here.
You can view Elegant Shop’s instructions here.