- Theme Installation
- Plugins Installation
- Demo Content
- Header Image
- Navigation Menu
- Latest Posts
- Posts Featured Images
- Related Posts
- Shop The Post
- WooCommerce Settings
- Font & Color Customization
- Popup Subscribe
- Elegant Shop
- Contact Form 7.
- Easy Google Fonts.
- Genesis eNews Extended.
- Kirki Toolkit.
- One Click Demo Import.
- Regenerate Thumbnails.
- WordPress Popular Posts.
- Instagram Feed.
- Popup Subscribe (included with the theme).
- Elegant Shop (included with the theme).
- 1 – Navigate to Instagram Feed > All Feeds and click “add new” button:
- 2 – Select “User Timeline” and click “next”:
- 3 – Click “add new” to connect your Instagram account and then “next”:
- 4 – In the “customize” tab, click “Feed Layout”:
- 5 – Set padding to 0 and select the number of posts and columns you want:
- 6 – Disable the header and load more button:
- 7 – Save the feed and click “embed”. Copy and paste the shortcode into a text widget in Appearance > Widgets > Pinterest Header:
- 8 – Create a new feed or copy the same one and paste it into a text widget in Appearance > Widgets > Pinterest Footer and Appearance > Widgets > Primary Sidebar.
Genesis Framework Installation
The Genesis Framework must be installed before installing the theme.
Install Genesis Framework from Appearance > Themes > Add New.
Click Upload Theme, click Choose File, select the genesis zip file to upload and install.
It is not necessary to Activate the Genesis Framework.
From Appearance > Themes > Add New.
Upload rosewood zip file, install and activate.
List of all Plugins
Demo contents are the widgets and posts displayed in the theme preview. The widgets will be automatically placed in the widget areas and configured like in the preview.
– You will have to edit certain widgets and pages like Genesis eNews Extended, Contact Form 7 and others to add your own email and settings.
– Install and activate your theme and the recommended plugins before importing the demo widgets. If a plugin is not installed and activated, any widgets related to that plugin will not import.
Import Demo widgets, customize settings and font controls
If you’d like to add posts to your blog, import demo-content.xml file to Tools > Import > Run WordPress Importer.
Recommended header image size: 1000 x 1000 px.
If you use an image with different dimensions, you you can skip cropping to proceed with uploading.
Add your header image in Appearance > Customize > Header Image > Add New Image.
Upload the image and crop or skip crop if available. Save & Publish.
You can also adjust the size of the image.
In Appearance > Menus, click to add a new menu:
Add a name and click “Create Menu”.
After selecting the pages and adding them to the menu bar, check “Main Menu” box at the bottom (3) and save.
– Create another menu (2) or select pre-existing ones from the drop down (1).
Enable the slider in Customize > Slider:
1 – By default it will show your latest posts, but you can upload images manually,
2 – Or show posts from a certain category,
3 – Or show a selection of posts by adding their IDs manually.
4 – Select how many posts the slider will loop through.
5 – Select how many posts to show at once.
6 – Select one of the 3 available slider styles:
7 – Select image layout between portrait, landscape and square.
8 – Or set image height in pixels.
9 – Crop images or select the full size.
1 – Add a title.
2 – Add a subtitle.
3 – Add short text.
4 – Add a signature or email below the second image.
5 – Add a button title.
6 – Select a page for the button.
7 – Upload first image.
8 – Upload second image.
9 – Choose the placement of the widget between header, footer and between posts.
10 – You can add the number of posts to show before the widget if you choose between posts placement.
Customize the posts in the homepage, blog page and category pages to your liking in Customize > Theme Settings > Posts:
1 – Change the read more buttons text.
2 – If you enable the sidebar, you can make it sticky.
3 – In Appearance > Widgets > Homepage 2, you can add widgets to be placed in between posts. Choose how many posts before Homepage 2 is shown.
4 – Select post layout between 1 column, 2 columns, 3 columns, 4 columns, masonry and left/right.
5 – Disable the category and date above the post title.
6 – Disable the text excerpts.
7 – Disable the read more buttons.
8 – Enable “shop this post” widget.
9 – Enable the sidebar o the left or right side of the posts.
10 – Select image layout between portrait, landscape, original and square.
11 – Crop images or select the full size.
12 – Select how posts show per page.
13 – Add excerpts word limit.
Posts Featured Images
Enable featured image for single posts in Customize > Posts/Pages Featured Image > Posts or > Pages for static pages.
1 – Enable parallax to make the image appear sticky as you scroll down.
2 – Enable title and date/ categories.
3 – Enable full width featured image.
4 – Choose between the two styles available:
5 – Add image height in pixels.
6 – Crop images or select the full size.
Enable the widget in Customize > Related Posts:
1 – Add widget title, example “More on the blog”.
2 – Choose how many posts to show in total (up to 5).
3 – Select image layout between portrait, landscape and square.
4 – Crop images or select the full size.
Note: If the images aren’t squares, regenerate thumbnails.
Shop The Post
Currently there are two popular websites where you can generate “shop this” widget:
Both of these websites will allow you to monetize the traffic you get, but Reward Style will require you apply before you’re accepted to create an account with them.
To add the widget to the post on the homepage, edit the post and paste the code in After Entry Area:
Edit the YouTube widget to add your channel ID and how many videos to show in total. Find your channel ID here.
If you have WooCommerce plugin activated, you can follow these steps to have your shop look similar to the demo:
– In Customize > WooCommerce > Product Catalog, set products per row to 3, enable mini cart icon and enable sidebar (optional).
– In Customize > WooCommerce > Product Catalog, you can change the box at the box to enable cart on the right side of the menubar.
– In Customize > WooCommerce > Product Images, the images are cropped to 400px and 4:3 ratio:
– Make sure you have the plugin Genesis Connect for WooCommerce installed and activated.
Sign up (Genesis eNews Extended):
In your account (more instructions in the official help):
1 – Navigate to the Audience tab.
2 – Click the Manage Audience drop-down and choose Signup forms.
3 – Select Embedded forms.
4 – Choose the “Unstyle” option.
5 – Copy the highlighted code similar to the screenshot below inside action=””, (do not include the apostrophes):
6 – Paste the code in the form action field:
7 – The rest of the fields should have EMAIL, FNAME and LNAME in capital letters.
Font & Color Customization
If not already installed, install Easy Google Fonts plugin and navigate to Tools > Import > WordPress.
Import rosewood-fonts file and you’ll be able to change the fonts in Customize > Typography.
Change the colors in Customize > Colors, you can also choose one of the premade colors.
You can view Post Popup Subscribe Plugin’s instructions here.
You can view Elegant Shop’s instructions here.