Genesis Framework Installation
The Genesis Framework must be installed before installing the theme.
Install Genesis Framework from Appearance > Themes > Add New.
Click Upload Theme, click Choose File, select the genesis zip file to upload and install.
It is not necessary to Activate the Genesis Framework.
From Appearance > Themes > Add New.
Upload spectre zip file, install and activate.
Click “Begin installing plugins.” in the notice to install the necessary plugins.
- Popup Subscribe (included).
- Easy Google Fonts.
- Genesis eNews Extended.
- Contact Form 7.
- Regenerate Thumbnails.
- Smash Balloon Instagram Feed.
- Genesis Connect for WooCommerce.
Demo contents are the widgets and posts displayed in the theme preview. The widgets will be automatically placed in the widget areas and configured like in the preview.
– You will have to edit certain widgets and pages like Genesis eNews Extended, Contact Form 7 and others to add your own email and settings.
– Install and activate your theme and the recommended plugins before importing the demo widgets. If a plugin is not installed and activated, any widgets related to that plugin will not import.
Import Demo widgets, customize settings and font controls
Click the button in Appearance > Import Demo Data:
If you’d like to add posts to your blog, import demo-content.xml file to Tools > Import > Run WordPress Importer.
Add your header image in Appearance > Customize > Site Identity > Select Logo. Skip cropping to proceed if your logo has different proportions. Save & Publish.
In Appearance > Menus, click to add a new menu:
Add a name and click “Create Menu”.
After selecting the pages and adding them to the menu bar, select a location from the box at the bottom (3) and save.
– Create another menu (2) or select pre-existing ones from the drop down (1).
Enable the About widget in Customize > About Widget:
- 1 – Add a title.
- 2 – Add a subtitle.
- 3 – Add short text.
- 4 – Add a signature or email below the second image.
- 5 – Add a button title.
- 6 – Select a page for the button.
- 7 – Upload images.
- 8 – Choose the placement of the widget between header and footer.
Enable the slider in Customize > Posts Slider:
- 1 – By default it will show your latest posts, but you can upload images manually.
- 2 – Or show posts from a certain category.
- 3 – Or show a selection of posts by adding their IDs manually.
- 4 – Select how many posts the slider will loop through.
- 5 – Select how many posts to show at once.
- 6 – Select one of the 2 available slider styles:
- 7 – Crop images or select the full size.
- 8 – Select image layout between portrait, landscape and square.
- 9 – Or set image height in pixels.
Enable the gallery in Customize > Interactive Gallery > Settings:
- 1 – Select one of the three styles:
- 2 – Add an optional title and text.
- 3 – And add an optional button.
Enable featured posts widget in Customize > Featured Posts.
- 1 – By default it will show your latest posts, but you can show posts from a certain category.
- 2 – Or show a selection of posts by adding their IDs manually.
- 3 – Crop images or select the full size.
- 4 – Select image layout between portrait, landscape, square, alternating square and landscape and alternating square and portrait.
- 5 – Select how many posts to show in total (up to 6).
- 6 – Add widget title, example “Featured Posts”.
- 7 – Choose the placement of the widget between header, footer and between posts.
- 8 – When selecting the between posts position, type the number of posts to show before the widget. Example: the featured posts will be placed after the third post on the homepage.
Add a LinkTree inspired page without sigining to a different platform.
- 1 – Create a new page in Pages > Add New.
- 2 – Select “Links” from the templates dropdown:
- 3 – Save and refresh the page.
- 4 – At the bottom of the page editor, you’ll see new additions:
- 5 – Click “add another button” to add links for people to visit.
- 6 – You can also highlight a certain number of your posts at the bottom, or disable it if you don’t need it.
Customize the posts in the homepage, blog page and category pages in Customize > Theme Settings > Homepage Posts & Category Posts:
- 1 – Disable the read more button or change its title.
- 2 – Select image layout between portrait, landscape, original and square.
- 3 – Crop images or select the full size.
- 4 – Disable meta like date and category.
- 5 – Disable the “shop this post” widget.
- 6 – Enable left or right sidebar.
- 7 – Change the post layout between 1 column, 2 columns, 2 columns masonry, 3 columns, 3 columns masonry, left/right and stacked.
- 8 – Select how many posts to show per page.
- 9 – Disable excerpts or change the word limit.
Upload Second Featured Image:
You can upload a second feature image to any post in the editor (3). See screenshot below.
You can write a manual excerpt for posts if you’d like to avoid the auto generated excerpts (4).
You can add a gallery of images to posts (4) and to make it show up in the homepage and category pages select gallery from the post format drop down (1).
If you embed a video in a post you can make it show in the homepage and category pages by selecting video from the post format drop down (1).
Disable Single post features in Customize > Theme Settings > Single Posts:
Enable the widget in Customize > Related Posts:
- 1 – Add widget title, example “More on the blog”.
- 2 – Choose how many posts to show in total (up to 5).
- 3 – Select image layout between portrait, landscape, square alternating landscape and square and alternating portrait and square.
- 4 – Crop images or select the full size.
Note: If the images aren’t even, regenerate thumbnails.
Add a text widget to Appearance > Widgets > Footer 2 and paste the shortcode below:
[instagram-feed num=6 cols=6 showbutton=false showheader=false imageres=full]
Add a text widget to Appearance > Widgets > Primary Sidebar and paste the shortcode below:
[instagram-feed num=4 cols=2 showbutton=false showheader=false]
Connect your Instagram account in Instagram Feed Settings:
And disable the responsive layout as well as remove “Padding around Images” in Instagram Feed > Customize:
Add Pinterest Feed widget to Appearance > Widgets > Primary Sidebar. Add your username and board name:
Add your username as it appears in the address bar:
Shop The Post
Currently there are two popular websites where you can generate “shop this” widget:
Both of these websites will allow you to monetize the traffic you get, but Reward Style will require you apply before you’re accepted to create an account with them.
To add the widget to the post on the homepage, edit the post and paste the code in Shop This Post:
Edit the YouTube widget to add your channel ID and how many videos to show in total.
If you have WooCommerce plugin activated, you can follow these steps to have your shop look similar to the demo:
– In Customize > WooCommerce > Product Catalog, set products per row to 2, enable mini cart icon and enable sidebar (optional).
– In Customize > WooCommerce > Product Images, the images are cropped to 500px and 3:4 ratio:
In Appearance > Widgets > WooCommerce Sidebar add widgets that will appear on the sidebar:
– Make sure you have the plugin Genesis Connect for WooCommerce installed and activated.
Edit the social media widgets and add your links and keep the ones you don’t need empty:
You can add widgets to the homepage only, in the three sections homepage 1 and 2.
Sign up (Genesis eNews Extended):
In your account (more instructions in the official help):
- 1 – Navigate to the Audience tab.
- 2 – Click the Manage Audience drop-down and choose Signup forms.
- 3 – Select Embedded forms.
- 4 – Choose the “Unstyle” option.
- 5 – Copy the highlighted code similar to the screenshot below inside action=””, (do not include the apostrophes):
- 6 – Paste the code in the form action field:
- 7 – The rest of the fields should have EMAIL, FNAME and LNAME in capital letters.
Font & Color Customization
If not already installed, install Easy Google Fonts plugin and navigate to Tools > Import > WordPress.
Import spectre-fonts file and you’ll be able to change the fonts in Customize > Typography.
Change the colors in Customize > Colors, you can also choose one of the premade colors.
You can view Post Popup Subscribe Plugin’s instructions here.